- The Best Positioned SEZ in India
Navi Mumbai SEZ, located in close proximity to Mumbai, the commercial and financial capital of India, is being developed within the growing Navi Mumbai region in the State of Maharashtra and is well-positioned with respect to connectivity, trade, commerce and resources.
Proximity to Mumbai thereby having access to-
- Finance - Navi Mumbai SEZ's proximity to Mumbai, the commercial centre and financial capital of India, will provide easy and unlimited access to capital, for the units located in Navi Mumbai SEZ;
- Trading centres for many products like diamonds, gems, jewellery and apparels;
- Skilled manpower from reputed national and international educational institutes including engineering and technical colleges, management institutes, etc;
Huge urban markets of Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Pune, with a population base of
approximately 20 million which are within the catchment area of the Navi Mumbai
- Located very close to one of India's largest and most modern seaports - Jawaharlal Nehru Port, providing cargo linkages to all the international markets;
- Proximity to Mumbai Port, a major port in India;
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport at Sahar, is at a distance of around 45 km from Navi Mumbai SEZ;
Second Mumbai International Airport, planned to be set up by the year 2020, in Ulwe, is adjacent to Ulwe (Airport) Node of the Navi Mumbai SEZ and will be accessible within 15 minutes from Dronagiri and Kalamboli Nodes.
Road and Rail linkages –
National Highways NH 3,4,8,9 & 17 and NH 348 A (earliar State Highways SH 54) link the Navi Mumbai SEZ area to the rest of the country. Mumbai – Pune Expressway skirts the Kalamboli Node;
The Sion-Panvel Highway providing efficient road connectivity with Mumbai.
Mumbai Trans Harbour Link planned as a six-lane dual carriageway road bridge connecting Sewri on Mumbai side to Nhava on Navi Mumbai side;
Rail infrastructure – Proximity to Central Railway Link, Konkan Railway, Suburban Harbour Link Nerul – Uran suburban link and proposed Rail Link projects.
Water Transport -
- Proposed Water transport, linking south Mumbai to Navi Mumbai SEZ is expected to boost accessibility to the area. With convenient rail, sea, road and air linkages, Navi Mumbai SEZ is well placed to create a vibrant industrial and commercial hub in Navi Mumbai.
Proximity to other industrial areas -
- Proximity to well-developed industrial areas such as Ambernath, Badlapur, Dombivli, Kalyan, Nasik, Nagothane, Pune, Thane, Taloja, etc., provide excellent backward and forward linkages with support industries and suppliers of intermediates, to the units that would come up within Navi Mumbai SEZ.